CLICK HERE TO VISIT OUR (OLD) NEW YORK BLOG!!

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Cheeky!

Judah's personality is emerging at a rate that we can barely keep up with! I wrote in the 10 Month post that his biggest developmental progress was from 9 to 10 months, but he is already on pace to top that now between 10 and 11 months. Allow me to give you an example of this little one's mental dexterity:

We are in the boys' room getting ready for bed when Judah crawls over to the diaper garbage can. He has grasped the concept of "no-no" for a couple of months now and usually will turn away from whatever he's asked (not that I thought that behavior had any place of permanence in our lives of course). I say "Judah, no-no". He grins and keeps on trucking. Me again, a little more firm, "Judah, no-no". He starts cackling as he has now reached the garbage can and begins to pull up on it. Me a third time, firmly "Judah, no-no". He plops down from his stance (where I think he is obeying), and sitting on all fours looks me square in the face, laughing, starts shaking  his head back and forth babbling "no-no-no-no-no". 

Mocking me. Cheeky.

I did not get a picture of this of course, but below is a pretty good representation of what I am referring to:

Doing something he is not supposed to and grinning about it!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment