CLICK HERE TO VISIT OUR (OLD) NEW YORK BLOG!!

Sunday, September 16, 2012

10 Months

Judah is 10 months old ... knocking on the door to being a one-year-old! I feel like he has changed the most from 9 months to 10 months than any age progression to date. He is so expressive and mobile, although not walking he can cruise around the house like a champ! He also has an insatiable appetite that seems to grow by the day, in sharp contrast to Gabriel's ultra picky eating. I don't know how much he weighs or how long he is since he doesn't go back to the doctor until November, but he seems perfectly in step with milestones for his developmental age, and he is happy almost all of the time so we will take that!

I don't even think I can list all of the new foods Judah consumes, he really eats anything. If it is on our plates I just mash it up; never would I have been so cavalier in the foods I gave Gabriel (first time mom anyone?). Off the top of my head: hummus, chicken, cheese, falafel, muffins, pasta, brown rice, etc, etc, in addition to his 2-3 servings of baby food at each meal. 

We're working on transitioning him from a bottle for milk to a sippy cup ... I hope to have him switched around the time he turns one. We are also heavily restricting his paci use so we can eliminate that around one as well. He never used it all that often anyway, as he is a pretty delightful baby, but we would let him have it in the car seat, and at church ... now it stays in his crib and he can only have it when he naps and for the night. We'll see how the next two months go on that front.

Judah loves to play, and he plays hard! He stands up to the toy shelves and bookcase and will clear them both off, then crawl away to go take apart some other part of the house. It's funny, I think at this age babies are supposed to want to put objects in a container, but he is opposite, he wants to take objects out of a container. We fill it up, he takes them back out, and so on. 

He also loves to engage with Gabriel (when Gabriel is in the mood, ha!), play peek a boo with the bedroom door (opening and closing it himself while peeking back and forth), and recently has taken to the sand box! I resisted letting him play in the sand whenever I would take Gabriel to a sandbox, but I finally decided to put my parental convenience behind his joy of exploration and I just deal with the complete mess of sand he is afterwards. Thankfully he does not have the propensity to eat the sand!

His baby signs have only slightly improved, adding "more" to his limited repertoire. His words are MaMa, DaDa, Milk (Ma), and More (Ma). I think he is working on "finished" but instead of shifting his palms back and forth he raises his hands high up in the air like he is on a roller coaster when he is finished eating.

He now has eight teeth (I can't remember how many he had for the 9 month post and I am too lazy to go back and check), the top front four and bottom front four. He uses them nicely, particularly for baby crack, er I mean veggie straws (I buy those 2 bags at a time!). 

Judah sleeps like a champ, typically from 7p-7a (longer than his big brother), and still takes 2 good naps a day. 


  



More 10 month pics forthcoming!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment