CLICK HERE TO VISIT OUR (OLD) NEW YORK BLOG!!

Saturday, September 1, 2012

14er

Okay, so here in CO they have this term "14er" which refers to all of the peaks in Colorado that are 14,000+ feet ... I am surprised that Andy and I were not aware of this before we moved here. Apparently Coloradans pride themselves in how many 14er's they have summit-ed (there are 54 I think). Challenge accepted, Andy and I are already planning which one we will attempt first!!

Also, on that note, we attended a seminar at REI on "best secret summits in CO that are non-technical". We thought, great! family friendly hikes we can take with the boys ... um, not really. We have a lot to learn about being Coloradans because "non-technical" simply means you don't need climbing gear to summit!! The entire seminar covered mostly summits that are class 3 (translation: "scramblers" where you only have to use your HANDS AND FEET to hike). Well, I took notes anyway and will keep them on file for 10 years fro now when all four of us can use all of our limbs to summit a mountain!! HA. HA.

Lest you be disappointed that there is not a pretty picture to view, here is a shot of one of the summits covered in the seminar:


Yeeeeaaaaa, not happening with a 3 year old and 9 month old, but thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment