Here we are, one month shy of being one. Judah's personality is really shining through, and he continues to be a pretty laid back little boy .... although, he can throw a good tantrum when he wants to, I'm talking throw himself in the floor, bang his legs on the floor and scream. Thankfully these are pretty infrequent and the majority of the time he is a joy to be around. He is a Daddy's boy, just like big brother! I love to watch him light up when Andy walks through the door, he practically lunges toward him. I know it's a boys club in the Goodwin household, and I am cool with that.
Judah's voracious appetite be beginning to catch up with him, his latest moniker is "super chunk". He will eat anything, anytime for as long as you'll shovel it in. I hope this appetite endures through toddler hood. I think he weighs about 21 pounds (based on a sick visit a couple of weeks ago). We'll see next month where he officially weighs in at his one year well visit.
A brief (well, for me, ha!) run down of Judah in a snapshot:
- He has not learned anymore baby signs, which we think is deliberate because he can mock any other body language like nobody's business, especially Gabriel's (when we try to encourage a sign, he screams until you give him what you know he wants)
- Still sporting Da-Da, Ma-Ma, Milk and More (and No of course, always accompanied by the head shake)
- LOVES Gabriel, wants to be where he is and do what he is doing all the time
- Just started a bit of separation anxiety :/
- Is on cow's milk! Yep, that's right we finished our last can of formula at 11 months 2 days, so cow's milk it is!
- Crawls on all fours really fast and pulls up and cruises, but is still a ways from walking I believe
- Still naps morning and afternoon , about 2 hours each (yes!), and sleeps from 7p-7a
- Until recently was obsessed with taking things apart and taking things out of their containers, but now has started putting objects in a container. He also loves to put together and pull apart blocks.
- LOVES getting into the pots and pans cabinets (grrr)
- Tries to swim when we take him to the indoor pool at the rec center (maybe I should find one of those baby swim classes?)
- Favorite toy is a wooden ball tower and the four balls that go with it, rarely will you see Judah around the house without at least one ball in his hand
- He is a climber, he will climb on, over, under or through a.n.y.t.h.i.n.g.
- His fave mischief location is the bathroom, we have to keep good tabs on the bathroom door because he knows he's not supposed to go in there so when he spots an open door he speed crawls (he likes to try and climb in the tub, play with the toilet screw cap covers (eww) and unroll all of the toilet paper and rip the holder off the wall (yes, this happened)).
- Just as he has nearly his entire short life (absent a couple months when he first learned to roll over) he likes to put himself to sleep, which is nice most of the time to just lay him down, kiss him and walk away, but I do wish I could snuggle with him and rock on some days. He won't allow it.
- This boy does not like books, much to my chagrin. I have tried many times to read books to him and he wants nothing to do with it, just go, go go. Gabriel loved being read to, even at this age, so I hope that improves Mr. Judah. I am glad he is so active, but I want him to develop a love for books too!
- Speaking of go, go, go, this boy will not stay on the changing table, it's like wrestling a greased piglet to change a diaper and get him dressed. Sheesh!
- Still has 8 teeth, but I think some more are on their way as he has been drooling and gnawing on his fingers a lot lately.
Ok, I'm finished. I think. Enjoy the 11 month shots!
Those pictures of him looking up at the camera are just precious.
ReplyDelete