Turns out Denver has their own version of Summer Streets, which is one of our absolute favorite things to do in the Summer in NYC. I have made many posts over the years about our Summer Streets adventures biking, long training runs, with and without kids, etc. So naturally I was elated when I came across some info on Viva Streets here in Denver. Now, when I say "version" I am using that term loosely. It really did not compare, BUT it was still a great way to get the whole family out on our bikes and ride through the streets of Denver for a while. They had food and activity booths set up along the way, so we stopped a few of those (free cilantro plant, chips and salsa and coupons from Chipotle, cha-ching!!). Gabriel did really well riding his balance bike and kept asking when does he get his pedal bike. Soon enough, G. We almost made it from Quebec to Colorado (Denver is on a grid where each street block is a letter of the alphabet, so Q to C is 14 blocks east to west) but had to turn around at Kearney. Our last stop was at the Colorado Rapids tent where Gabriel got to play a bit of soccer and we picked up a few Rapids goodies. All in all a success and fun family bike ride!
| Judah trying to get Gabriel's chips!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment